Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, May 03, 2007
something cute to look at for distraction
Not the most clear of photos, but that little face is our little stubborn child. I say "stubborn" because as of yesterday, the little one is still breech. Which means I am officially scheduled for a C-section. I'm not thrilled about this, but have reconcilled myself to it nonetheless. Luckily they do an ultrasound an hour beforehand, so if any turning does occur (which my doctor HIGHLY doubts) I will get a chance to deliver naturally. I know the next big question is "what's the date?" and I will share, but only on Monday as I am having a baby shower on Sunday and my mom wants to play the "guess the baby's birth date" game, and it really wouldn't be fair if any of my family who reads this knows the exact date. :p

Everything else, blood pressure, etc, is perfect. Not even perfect for me (which is borderline) but really perfect (120/80), so I'm actually doing better than normal. And I still have no pregnancy symptoms, in fact, when the baby isn't moving, I often forget I'm pregnant. I'm still wearing my same shoes, socks, undergarments, rings, etc... have only the occasional heartburn, rare back ache, no swelling, etc. I know, I know, I'm lucky. While we have had many scares (most of which were blogged about, like the amnio, hospital visits, etc) *knock on wood* there has yet to be anything actually wrong, and this has been, for the most part, an incredibly uneventful pregnancy.

Actually, I have been very lucky. I'm due in 3 weeks, I'm still working for another week and a half, still driving, going out, for as much as my life will change very soon, it hasn't changed yet. So I know I shouldn't complain if the worst I get is the need for a c-section. And I know I'll get over it, and it will be fine in the end, and I have tons of support from both family and friends to help me if I need it, and to get through the recovery, however easy or difficult it might be. But yeah, I can't help but be disappointed.

So I get 6 wks of recovery to look forwards to, while living among boxes in our old house for at least 3 weeks, then trying to move into the new one. At least I have that cute face too look forwards to meeting. You know how in Cabbage Patch Kids, because they are smiling, the eyes make that half-moon shape? Look at the bottom photo...I swear the kid is grinning, laughing or giggling, which, as anyone who knows me in real life can attest, is TOTALLY me (when I'm not being a moody little brat). I think I recognize my chubby cheeks. :)

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:58 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:29 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    I'm so glad everything is going so well, except for the C-Section. Bummer. I'm sending *turn, baby, turn* vibes your way! You have a great attitude--just keep thinking of the prize at the end!

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Hang in there! It's so great that you've been able to be so active during the pregnancy, but I don't blame you for being bummed about the c-section. It will definitely be worth the end result, I'm sure! :)

     
  • At 7:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for people to know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates