Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
FO: Child's Placket Neck Pullover
Well...it didn't take me 4-6 hours.

It took 12 hours. But still...12 hours to a finished object is NOT bad. Plus there is a delay of at least 2 hours that was my fault for using the wrong needles. I had the correct size, but couldn't find my 4mm dpns and one of my circs was twisted and I had to keep bunching it up each round, making each row go reeeaaalllyy slow.


So voila- a completed summer sweater in a weekend. Le front.


Le back.

Le front again. This is my favorite way to put it. There are supposed to be buttons but I like it better like this.

Project Specs:
Pattern:
Child's Placket Neck Pullover
Location: Last Minute Knitted Gifts and errata for it found Mona). 50% cotton/50% acrylic

Needles: 4mm

Cast On to Bind Off: April 28 - May 1 (12 hours total knitting time)

Would I knit this again: Yup- already planning on it!

p.s. if anyone can tell me why Blogger let me hit enter and get a single space and now (as of "needles", clearly) forces a double space, I'd really appreciate it. One of Blogger's stupid quirks.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:00 am  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:00 am, Blogger K. said…

    Love it, it's beautiful!

     
  • At 1:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's gorgeous!! Love the colors.
    Did you like the book it comes from? Are there other interesting patterns? Any good kid patterns beside this one?
    I'm not sure if I could accomplish this in 4 hours either, that would be quite a stretch.

     
  • At 1:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    p.s. I love the Old Spice in the picture of the sweater's back. Was it to get rid of perspiration from the super-fast knitting? [grin]

     
  • At 9:15 pm, Blogger mames said…

    hi jennifer...i plan on writing a bit of the birth story, but i have to say, it ain't that fun. i cannot compare it cause these are my first but a few things :

    =you get gas post-op cause they open your belly, lots of gas.
    =meds suck, i asked only for toradol which is non-narcotic (basically i.v. motrin)
    =it hurts, but it gets better day to day

    i'm 8 days out, home, walking, moving fairly well, using a little motrin and trying to get it together. remember, twins and 12 weeks being flat...so my experience may not be yours. just know that when it is all done, ohmygod, you will be in love. it is indescribable

     
  • At 11:38 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    That sweater is beautiful! Thankfully my friends are having lots of babies, so I need gifts. :)

     
  • At 9:52 am, Blogger Hatsahara said…

    I'm currently making this sweater. I've made the body and the two sleeves. After that, the instructions get confusing. How do I attach them?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates