Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, February 17, 2007
milestone
As this pregnancy progresses I have felt the baby kick or move around more and more. It has been very exciting for me because it took a long time before I started to feel movements, so I love it now that the frequency has increased and the feelings are stronger. Unfortunately they haven't been strong enough for any one else to feel yet.

Yannick and I have tried sitting around for a half hour or so each night with his hands on my belly but it seems like this little kiddo has stage fright. (To me it seems like each time I think there *might* be movement Yannick shifts his hands and we have to start all over again). We've even tried just staring at my belly, because there are times when I know I've seen it twitch and jump...but of course every time I'd ask "did you see that?" the answer would always be a very disappointed "no" from Yannick.

It's been frustrating because ever since I started mentioning how often I feel the baby now, he's been trying to feel or see it to and hasn't been able to. Until now! :]

Last night for the first time ever Yannick felt the baby kick! (Or elbow or knee or punch or something). I had pushed Yannick to try again because he'd wanted to wait a few days "for the baby to get stronger" and I didn't want to wait. He put his hand on my belly and I swear within 8 minutes or so there was such a kick- it was the strongest one I've ever felt. The baby had been moving under his hand but I knew he wouldn't feel the rolls and swishes, and then all of a sudden there was this lightning-fast jab and I knew he'd *had* to feel that one, and I asked him but before he even answered I could see by his face that he HAD felt it. YAY!

To those annoyed by the baby blather...sorry! I know I'm gushing but I'm just really happy because Yannick was getting SO disappointed with each passing day and last night he was so completely elated that he FINALLY felt it...it's even more real for him now, and he kept trying to coax the baby to do it again. Baby didn't obey.

In other news I picked up some yarn last night from Veronik Avery. Veronik and Mona work at (run?) the Montreal office of JCA Crafts and I've done some sample knitting for them in the past, and they had another job for me to do now. (I DO like to load up my plate, don't I?)

The yarn itself isn't in yet but they had one ball lying around so I could swatch over the weekend. I don't know how much I'm allowed to show or tell, so this photo is my attempt at being vague and mysterious:


Have a great weekend! I'll be busy as all 4 of Yannick's nephews (4 boys between 3 and 10) sleep over tonight. Give me strength...

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:18 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:18 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I'm so glad Yannick finally got to feel the baby! It must be hard when you are experiencing everything and he doesn't get to experience any of it.

    Despite the mysterious photo, that yarn looks soft and pretty. I can't wait to see what you make out of it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates