Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Finally- a FO I can post!
This is the Harlequin baby blanket that I knit for the MKG's charity drive this coming year. I believe that the blankets will be raffled, and the knitters will have our names put in a hat, and the person whose name is drawn gets to pick where the raffle money goes...to which charity.

The yarn is Tessin by Muench. I'm not too keen on the colors, but love this yarn and the way it works up in garter. It's so nice and floppy and a child will love it...I want to buy some of this yarn to make something for my future children! I'm so glad I chose to ask for a yarn pack. This yarn is a great example of something I would have seen on the net or in person and NEVER would have picked up to buy...to garish and the colors are just not me. Yet I love the final fabric it creates and am eager to work with it again...in the right project.
It doesn't seem that big when you're knitting it...squares of garter knit as one piece with no seaming in the end. But when I laid it down on the bed to photograph...it's huge!
Thanks to V. for sending the link re: the good wife article:
http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.asp
What a relief!

So the wedding is Sunday and I still am not freaking out. I'm frantically trying to get the house clean for our guests Thursday night, and trying to remember to pack everything for our honeymoon, and to get my brother moved in, and stuff like that...but not about the wedding.

I have had 2 dreams so far about stuff going wrong at the wedding, so I think my subconscious is a little more worried than I am. :/
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:31 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a fantastic blanket. Some kid is going to love it!

     
  • At 11:10 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I am sure that everything will be fine on Sunday - no worries!!! Love the blanket, I need to finish seaming mine.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates