Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
See? I Told You I'd Post Pictures
These are the adorable stitch markers I got from Jenn. The little candy beads are
so cute! I love the bright colors, and the little tin they came in!
These are the stitch markers I got from Adriane. They are so sweet!
I love the little flowers on them, they are very "girly" which is usually the
mood I'm in when I use decorative stitch markers. I love them!
This is my Perfect Knitting Bag in progress. What does it take to design a pattern from scratch?

Well...it takes a very large needle for knitting the wool open enough to have room to felt.

It takes swatches that were measured pre- and post-felting so you can calculate the rate of shrinkage.

It would normally also take the careful notation of how many rows/stitches your swatches were, if you hadn't begun this bag 2 years ago and lost the scrap of paper those notes were on.

It takes a $hitlo@d of wool to make a very large bag, which is rediculously large pre-felting. It takes a row counter and enough skill to know when you've clicked it, and how you miraculously wound up with 10 extra body rows.

It takes graph paper to chart out incs and decs, and a pad of sketch paper to keep track of your design notes, especially when you change your mind half-way through. It also takes a much larger bag to shlep it all around in.

P.S. All you can see here is a lousy pic of the unworked side of the bag. I'm not going to give away a pattern before I shop it around! :)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:26 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:04 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I got some candy stitch markers too - and love them. Love the ones the Adriane sent you! So awesome. The bag looks huge, and I've seen the actual size - so WOW! Crazy! I'm trying to organize a girlie movie afternoon of knitting w/Kadi - are you in? (Not sure when yet)

     
  • At 12:06 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm glad that you like them! I sent the candy ones to all my pals. They are the ones that people seem to like the best!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates