Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, January 20, 2006
So Many Knitting Meetups, So Little Time!
This has been quite a knitting week. After barely getting anything done last week, my fingers have practically been flying...

Monday Yannick and I met up with my parents to check out some display stores. Before hand Yannick realized he needed some stuff he'd left at our store, which meant that we had to drive all the way down to work just to go pick it up, and drive all the way back...a 40+ minute round trip. Guess who brought her knitting? :)

Tuesday night was the Montreal Knitting Guild meeting. We had a speaker there, a woman whose name I forget right now but she makes and sells these wonderful felted bags, really inspiring. I worked on Yannick's Mega Socks. I was worried because the last socks I'd knit him had 17 sts to the ndl (4 ndls) and after getting my gauge and following the Simple Socks Plain & Fancy directions I had 21 sts/ndl. They looked huge! Later that night I had him close his eyes so I could try it on him and still end up with somewhat of a surprise...sure enough they were WAY too big. I pinched the extra and counted the stitches...guess how many sts I need to remove? Enough to end up with 17 sts/ndl! RRR

Wednesday night was the meetup for the Montreal Knits girls. I really wanted to go this time, and since Yannick promised me that Wednesday nights were for him to work on my little blankie, he agreed to come with. :]]] Then, after mentioning it to my cousin Robyn who knits and crochets, she decided to come too! So we were there almost all night, I think we only left around 9:30 or so. I had a really fun time, although either they raised the music volume, or I'm going deaf, 'cus I could barely hear anything said more than 1 person away from me. Next time I'm sitting in the middle! :) I only got one pic of all that knitting Wed, the one I just posted.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:24 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates