Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Can't Think of a Title...
Too tired to think of a title. My dad was on vacation for the 2 weeks from Christmas until this week and I opened the store every morning on time, and now that he's back he's been opening on time, so I've been very tired 'cus my body still wants to stay up at night. Blah.

I turned the heel on the Fibonacci sock last night. This toe-up sock thing is so cool! The other way is easy and great too, but with these socks I didn't know how long I wanted the cuff part, and so I decided to try it toe-up. I love the heel! So easy! It's basically a short-rowed hourglass shape that makes the toes, then do the length of the foot and the same short row toe for the heel, then do the body. I don't know why I'm finding it faster this way, maybe it's just my imagination. More pictures this weekend though.

I went to my LYS on Monday to get a needle gauge for my cousing Robyn, to pick up more cream Regia 4ply for the Fibonacci socks, and another 6mm needle (an Aero this time) so I can start working on a Homespun jacket without finishing my Goldilocks shrug (remember it?). While there I made the mistake of looking at the sock yarn...don't tell Yannick! :) I bought 3 100g balls, good for 1 full pair each. 2 for me, 1 for Yannick. I keep wanting to start it so I can have it as a Valentine's day gift, but each night I sit down to knit he comes home early and wants to hang out!

I can't believe it's 2006 already. I'm getting married this year. How cool is that??? Happy belated New Year to everyone.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:20 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Thanks again for the needle gauge! I will come swing by and see you sometime soon - been busy with back to school. I hope you didn't go just for me! Cuz then I'd feel bad that you bought more yarn! Guess what? I'm working on 3 crochet projects at the same time - aren't you proud of me? LOL... I never thought I'd let myself do that - I figured I'd do one at a time from start to finish to not get confused. Once I am done what I'm working on now - should be soon - I am dying to start on knitting those brown or pinkish socks. (too bad they're not the same brand - I love pink and brown together these days!) Ok, I'm typing a lot here on your blog - Have a nice weekend and I will see you soon! And thanks again for the needle gauge. Now I just need to find a crochet one - haven't been able to locate one yet.

     
  • At 12:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The raspberry & cream sock looks really cute! :) What a sweetie Yannick is to start knitting a project for you! ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates