Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Socks Pictures Up!
Friday night Julie and Rich came over to play poker. I won. :] I'm allowed to be excited- usually I'm one of the first out 'cus I work the next day and I want to go to bed. This time I was actually doing really well, neck-and-neck with Rich. It was almost 12 and we had 16 chips different between us so we decided to bet it all on one more hand. I won with a pair of twos and we felt so bad that Yannick decided it would be "best of 3". Rich won the next hand but on the very last one I managed to pair my Ace on the river card and won. $15...woo hoo!

Saturday after work Yannick and I went to Debbie and Gregg's place for dinner, movie, more poker and football. Had a really good time, although we watched the movie Red Eye and while I LOVE Rachel McAdams in anything, Cillian Murphey's eyes totally creep me out. He plays evil waay too well, first in Batman Begins and now in this. The movie was pretty good, although the ending was just a tad abrupt. I was first out in our poker game but luckily I never go anywhere without knitting in my bag so I got more work done on the Fibonacci socks while they played. I finished the 34 rows of cream and have 55 rows of pink to do. I've decided that these rows will finish the sock, and I'll probably do some kind of twisted stitch rib.

Today we slept in (FINALLY) and then I played video games for a bit. Yannick got me totally hooked on Beyond Good & Evil on the Gamecube. I normally don't play, even though I love anything that has stuff to figure out, because I'm not very precise with the controller. I want the character to move a certain way and sometimes it moves the wrong way and I get very bad vertigo when that happens. I'll get really naseous and once threw up, just from trying to play video games. In any case, this one is totally up my alley, very cool game, very good premise and a lot of fun to play. I'll get more into it another time 'cus it's almost 9 and I want to get into bed and knit. :)

I played most of the afternoon and then started knitting Yannick's Mega Socks. It's a new yarn I found at the LYS, called Mega Boots Stretch. More info here: http://www.lanagrossa.com/produkte/02_2005meilenweit_single.php?id=51
I'm making him the color pictured, dark with blues. I also bought the burg/black combo for myself. Up next will be the pic of the sock so far (just the toe, about to turn for the other side) and also 2 pics of my finished Lace Socks. Enjoy!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:53 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates