Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, December 22, 2005

Guess what arrived last week? 2 packages in the mail! First I got this book: Hand Manipulated Stitches for Machine Knitters. I'm told that it's the MUST HAVE book for getting the most out of your manual knitting machine, so I'm really looking forwards to reading it. I also got a video, not the one that goes with the book but one on finishing sweaters on the machine. I'd really like to learn as much as I can so when I knit on the machine I can have as much experience as when I knit by hand. ALSO last week I got a package from my secret pal!!! I'm a dolt and forgot to take a pic before I picked it apart, but inside were T-pins (honestly one of the best gifts 'cus my old pins keep rusting all over my knits and I couldn't find these anywhere...how did you know?!?), a really cute snowman ornament with my name on it which is hanging right on my fridge 'cus it makes me smile, very Diva-ish 5mm circs that are transparent and full of glitter...very ME actually :), a really cool Gauge-O-Knit which automatically measures gauge for you, ladybug buttons that are completely adorable, and, (unless I dropped something out of the package), last but not least a pattern using recycled sari silk yarn and 2 YES 2 hanks of sari silk yarn! I have to take a pic of those and post it, they are just gorgeous!!! I've heard of this stuff in the knitting forums but never even seen a pic, so to see the colors in my hand...wow. And the pattern calls for only 1 200g ball, and she sent me 2 180g balls! Now I have to figure out something bigger to make! I like the shawl pattern that came with it, but since there's extra yarn I'd like to find something really special to make, yet something simple that will let the stunning yarn be the main focus. Thank you so much Andrea!!! You were a really great secret pal and I really appreciate everything you sent me and all the thought that went into everything!!! SP5 was my first SP, and I won't be signing up for SP7 because I find I don't have as much time as I like to plan little gifts or shop. But I really, really enjoyed these last 2 exchanges and treasure everything I received from my secret pals. Thanks so much!!! I only hope your pal spoiled you like you spoiled me!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:23 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Jennifer! I'm glad you got everything. I was worried that it hadn't arrived yet. I thought the balls were 100 grams each, but if they're bigger, that's great! I bought some for myself awhile ago and I thought that you'd enjoy it as well. The colours seem to be your thing (I think?). Happy Holidays! I loved being your SP - and I hope you didn't really figure me out even with that slip up I did at the beginning.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates