Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, December 22, 2005
I Almost Forgot
A few more things I wanted to say and since I can't take a shower like I'd planned (a company was working on our water line today and forgot to turn it back on before they left...so no water all night. Sucks!) I figured I'd post a bit.

I did finish the Steeplechase Vest for Yannick's mom. It was all done but the buttons 2 weeks ago, and we picked up the buttons and I finished it, and last Sunday I let it soak in Eucalan and blocked it (no washing in the machine: it's Classic Wool Merino). It looks so pretty! And blocking took away some of the puffiness caused by the eyelet/garter pattern and now it drapes so well and the eyelets look so nice and defined! I'll take a pic once it's dry 'cus my blocking board is inside a black garbage back and I won't get a good pic of the black vest on a black bag.

That's a good tip btw. I read a lot of people block on towels but someone once told me that I should put a plastic sheet or garbage bag in between and it works amazing. It dries faster 'cus instead of the moisture going into the towel and having to wait for it to dry, the water beads up on the plastic and evaporates or at least is drawn away from the wool.

Tried Karma, a new Indian restaurant in the West Island. Very chic, looks like it belongs in Toronto. :) Excellent food though, and they even have whole wheat Nan bread!

Worked on my FO scrapbook/sketch pad on Monday. 12 hours of standing in my kitchen to work at the counter...VERY sore feet that night but at least it's almost done. I even figured out how to make page protectors for the 5.5" x 8.5" size pages without paying 5$ US/pack of 15...I cut regular page protectors in half and cut off the part with the holes, then punched my own. Works great and best of all, free! I'm making the scrapbook 'cus I often have people asking me about knitting, especially at work when they see the little dolls I crocheted and they ask "Who made those?" and then the conversation gets to crafts and they ask if I've ever done X type of craft, etc.... I figured it would be easier to have a little album of sorts, I figure it's half portfolio and half brag book. I also have a section of blank pages because I get a lot of design ideas. I never do anything with the designs 'cus even if I did make them up I could only make my size...I don't know how to convert for other sizes (besides the basic row/stitch calculations. I mean I wouldn't know where you'd need to make a sleeve shorter or add length x times for x size...etc...) So for now all sketches stay hidden. Maybe one day...

I did ask in the knitlist and machine knitting forums if anyone knew of software that did that and so far NO ONE has replied. Maybe I'll go back and ask again.

On Monday I was trying to think of what to get Yannick for Christmas (we put a limit to a small gift this year). I remembered that last Christmas I'd planned on giving him the thrummed socks and only did one, and I know he completely forgot about them. I cast on Tuesday morning and by Wednesday night I had 4 rows left to finish the sock when he came home. He's out for the night now so I'll finsh the last 4 rows, shut the hole at the toe and wrap them. Give him a nice little surprise when we exchange gifts with his family on Sunday. I'll post pics too once they're done.

Hmmm...all these things getting ticked off my outstanding wip list...whatever will I cast on next???

:)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:23 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates