Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, September 19, 2005
Long Post
I think I have a lot to catch up on!

Fri, Sept 9- Julie's birthday! Thinking I'd be sweet, I picked up a lemon mirangue pie to have when Julie and Rich came over for our biweekly poker tournament. Thinking they'd be sweet, they picked up 4 different slices of pies for us to have for our birthdays! We had a lot of pie.

Sat, Sept 10- After work Yannick and I drove up north to have dinner with his family for our birthdays. We stopped in St-Sauveur to fill up with gaz, and then couldn't start the car again. I suggested it was the battery, but a stranger tried to boost us and it didn't work, so Yannick believes it was the starter. We had to call his dad to come get us. Yannick's parents were there (it's their house), and B, Matts and the 4 boys. Plus us. Dinner was yummy! I finally got to pick the birthday supper (it's only been 7 years....) so I chose an entree of shrimp with avocado, dinner was Chinese fondu, and dessert was a peach pie (for me) and a pecan pie (for Yannick). It was soooooooooo good! We spent a while looking through old photographs, then went to bed.

Sun, Sept 11- My birthday! The car was still dead so after breakfast we called CAA and got towed home from up north. It was really cool riding in a tow truck, and because there are really only 2 seats Yannick had to keep his arm around me with us squashed together, so I got to really spend time with him on my birthday! The tow truck driver also had a 4 month old Boston Bull Terrier with him in the cab, so I got to hold the puppy for the ride too! When we got back we kept the car at my parents' house and Yannick spent the afternoon trying to fix it. No luck. By night time it was too late to do anything so we stayed at my parents' house and ordered pizza. He promised me a birthday do-over very soon when we can actually celebrate and he'll get me the card he was supposed to buy me today. :)

Mon, Sept 12- Jackie's birthday! Jackie likes pie and cake. To play it safe I picked up a slice of apple PIE and Oreo cheeseCAKE and brought them over to her with a candle in the cheesecake. Then I raced home to knit away on the baby outfit because the shower deadline is looming.

I think I just spent most of the week coming home and knitting. I also went to the dressmaker's at some point to pick up my bridesmaid's dress for Robyn (my cousin)'s wedding this coming Sunday. I also spent a few nights printing little baby-related pictures for a memory game for Jackie's baby shower on Saturday, and drawing big grids on 3 large white bristol-boards, for the same memory game.

Thurs, Sept 15- After work I raced home and Julie and Debbie came over to finalize the games for Jackie's baby shower. They decided on which images they liked for the memory grid, then we put on plastic gloves and started counting Skittles to see how many fit into a baby bottle so people could guess and then still be able to eat them after.

Fri, Sept 16- Aaron's birthday (my brother)! After work I went to the Cote-St-Luc shopping center and did some errands, then sat at a cafe for a bit and got some knitting done. Then I had my cousin Robyn's bachelorette party. I had a really good time. It was a bit awkward at first because I didn't know any of her friends, but then the entertainment arrived and things moved more smoothly. We had a seminar on the art of how to perform a few types of adult entertainment that I'm not going to list out here in case anyone under 18 reads this blog. ;) Then a stripper from Club 281 (the male strip club downtown).

Sat, Sept 17- I had an appointment at 7:15(!!!!) to get my eyebrows done, along with a French manicure and pedicure. Then I had to run to Bureau en Gros to make some photocopies for the baby shower, then rush home to finish the baby outfit. The shower was called for 2pm. I was supposed to be there for 1pm to help set up. I kid you not, at 12:57 I finished weaving in the ends of the last bootie, and at 1:19 I finally finished sewing in the elastic of the pants. I was late, but I was DONE! Julie picked me up and her, Debbie and I helped out Jackie's mom by running a few games between food and opening gifts. I hope people liked the games, I know I had a great time. Then I came home and ordered sushi for dinner, after which Yannick and I went to see Lord of War, the new Nicholas Cage movie. Great acting job, but don't go see it if you're in the mood for a happy, feel-good flick. :)

Sun, Sept 18- I had a hair appointment at 12pm to put my hair up for the wedding. The guy did a horrible job. I looked like I had a bowl of flowers on my head, plus it all looked pushed to the side like I'd slept on it. My mom took me straight to the Sheraton Four Points Hotel where the wedding was taking place, and the hair-and-makeup girl they had there for the bride and everyone else managed to find a curl somewhere to pull to the front to make it look even, at least. I'll post some pictures later...I look fat and with a flower on my head. We went to Stewart Hall in Pointe Claire to take bridal party photos, then back to the hotel for the cocktails and wedding. Everything was really beautiful and went really smoothly. I keep saying this, but I had a great time, even up to getting home when Yannick surprised me by very sweetly helping me take out the 4, 000, 000 bobby pins that held up my hair.

Mon, Sept 19- Debbie's birthday! Today I start the Curves 6 Week Challenge! It's a (duh) 6 week program that combines the Curves workout (done daily, yikes!) with an eating plan and weekly meetings to help people lose weight and stop gaining in the first place. The current weight loss record for the 6 weeks is 23 pounds. My goal is to beat that! :) I just got back from doing my workout, buying all my groceries for this week and cleaning the house. I think I'll make some dinner then spend the evening and night watching TV and knitting *gasp* something for ME! I know I still need to finish the gifts for Bernie and Yafit and I will, I'll start that again on Wednesday, I promise. But tonight I'm going to pick up my delicious ball of Goldielocks kid/silk and make myself a gorgeous shawl to wrap around me when I'm skinny, in 6 weeks. :)

To everyone who sent me an ecard for my birthday, THANK YOU! Considering how we didn't actually celebrate, those touches were so thoughtful!

To Jo (from a while ago): I will blog all about the ring (with pictures!) as soon as it's here, done and official. :) I'm a little dizzy just knowing that it's going to happen, though.

To Cara (if you visit this blog): I really enjoyed being your secret pal and I hope I made SP5 fun for you! Did you really think it was me? Did the Montreal postmark give it away?

To Jan: The baby outfit is made with Mandarin Petit 100% cotton. The mommy-to-be didn't want any wool near the baby. I know there are differing schools of thought on that, but she got to pick.

To Jan, Keri and my secret pal from SP6: thank you for the birthday wishes! Y'all are so sweet! (Can I say "y'all" if I'm from Canada? Am I too far north?)

And to ToddMichaelSapp: thank you for the bday wishes...do I know who you are???
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 5:11 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pictures! Good luck on your Curves 6 week challenge - I admire your willpower to start. :) Your Secret Pal

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates