Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Tired!
I'm sooooooooo TIRED!!!

Why? 'Cus I've been sticking to the goals I made on Monday and have been getting up every morning between 6:30 and 7:15 am and getting my lazy butt out of bed and going to Curves. Yes me. Who normally gets up around noon. Hence: tired.

What have I done lately? I've used the extra morning time to plan my meals for the day, then crawled back into bed. Usually I've knit. Today I think I'll be trying to fall back asleep. I'm usually wide awake just until my dad calls to say "leave now" and then I start falling asleep once I'm driving. A little trick I learned to help stay awake is to chew gum. I could also probably stop at any of the Tim's I pass and buy a coffee too, but I always forget until I'm already on the highway.

I ended up ripping out the 4" high triangle I made with the Goldielocks. I was following the Fleece Artist basic pattern from the ball band, but instead of increasing on each row by doing a weird yarn-to-the-front on the first stitch that got lost in the fluffy tangles of the yarn, I was doing "k1, yo, k row" on each row. It made a really pretty edge of eyelets. Unfortunately, as the triangle progressed I was falling more in love with the color, but less in love with the idea of wearing a triangular shawl. Kathryn told me the skein was about 450m, which translates into something like 492y. The Falling Water Shrug pattern I have that I started a while ago in black mohair calls for 500y laceweight. I ripped the triangle shawl and began the shrug. I had originally stopped the black one because A) it sheds like crazy and B) I'm not skinny enough to wear a shrug. It's my tummy I want to cover, not my back and arms. I'm knitting this one now because I'm in week 1 of the Curves thing, and I'm telling myself that I WILL be skinny enough to wear it once I'm done! :)

Where would we be without the power of positive thinking?

To Keri: You're sweet. Ok, not a flower bowl, but definately some weird garland!

To my Secret Pal: I have the willpower to start a lot of things LOL, it's the willpower to FINISH them that I lack! :]
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:16 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said…

    Go Jennifer, you can do it! The first month is always the hardest to start anything but once you get started you'll wonder how you did without it! Good luck!

     
  • At 10:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's the falling water shrug pattern? - Youe Secret Pal

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates