Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, November 12, 2004
I almost forgot...
I gave my first secret project to the recipient, so I can talk about it now. It was a scarf for my grandmother 'cus she bought me the great "Knitting-Pattern-A-Day" 2005 calendar for my bday. One day she came into the store and told me about a yarn she saw someone knitting with and that it was really pretty. By the description I knew right away it was the railroad yarn, so I picked up some Eros Herwool and mixed it with a black mohair to make a really elegant scarf. Happy birthday Bubbie!


posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:33 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your grandma's scarf. I have some eros & want to knit a scarf. I like the idea of mixing it with black mohair. Grandma looks great....

     
  • At 7:29 pm, Blogger Jennifer Lori said…

    Thank you! If you plan on mixing the Eros with anything it should work well, but be careful if you plan on having sections of the 2 together, and sections of just the Eros. If you just keep the same number of sts per row for the Eros sections they will pull in and narrow. What I did to keep my sides straight was to inc my first row of Eros-only (going from 18 sts to 27 by doing *k1, kfb, rep from *, and then do my 9 other rows with 27 sts for 10 rows total, and then on my first row of the upcoming Eros/Mohair section I would work the first row as *k1, k2tog, rep from * to get back to 18 and then work 4 more rows for 5 rows total.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates