Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, August 15, 2008
who you calling a baby? i'm a TODDLER!!
Jakob's WALKING!!!

He's been doing more and more on his own lately, cutting corners around furniture and choosing to walk the 5 or so steps to the next piece instead of easing his way around holding on. Today at work a family member was playing with him, and he would walk up to 10-12 steps to the next "thing" to grab on to.

Tonight we finished supper early so I took him for a walk. We live about 10 houses from the end of my street and we walked to the end together, Jakob walking and holding on (barely) to one of my fingers. A few times he'd get tired and sit down, but I'd stand him back up, give him my finger to hold, and we'd keep going.

On the way back home I noticed that when I'd stand him up, he seemed to be trying to move away before I had a chance to stand back up and give him my finger. I tried letting go...but I was nervous because it was all sidewalk and lawns- no large objects around for him to walk to and grab on. So he didn't stop! He just kept walking down the street, arms up for balance. I couldn't believe it! He'd make it about the length of 2 properties before stumbling or sitting down, and I'd stand him back up and he'd keep going another 2 or 3 houses.

I kept my camera handy when we got home, and luckily happened to have it on when this happened:




Yay Jakob! Congratulations on another milestone, honey! We're so proud of you!!!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:51 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:56 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I love that he walks like a drunk man! LOL. He's soo funny.

    That's it Jenn.... life is about to take on another form of tiredness... you're going to be chasing him! Once they realize they can walk, they run....!

    Enjoy!

     
  • At 11:12 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    What a big boy! Just look at him go!

     
  • At 5:46 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Yahoo for Jakob! Now he'll keep you on your toes.

    I particularly enjoyed the end where it appear that the cat running for its life. ;)

     
  • At 10:48 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Way to go Jakob! You can tell he's really pleased with himself too. Awesome.

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Amelah said…

    Congrats on Jakob walking! I watched the Video! Very exciting!!! Get ready to never sit down again!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:50 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    How cool! He's growing up so fast. Of course now you'll have to chase him, since running will be around the corner. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates