Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
SP12 QOTW
Here is question 8! Enjoy!
What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening? (For added "flavor", post a photo or recipe link)

Well, I don't really have a favorite supper these days- the vomiting has gotten somewhat better; instead of everything I eat, I'm now only doing it anywhere from 1-6 times a day. And I had 3 random days last week where I didn't throw up at all.

Because it is so unpredictable, I don't look at meals anymore as "hmm...what looks good to eat?" Instead I think "what is worth it?" For example, last night Yannick decided he wanted to order supper. A big criteria for choosing a place to order from was the price- I didn't want to order something too expensive and not keep it down.

Plus I'm not a good one to talk about favorite suppers these days anyways, what with all the food aversions. Had you asked me this a few months ago I probably would have answered "ordering St-Hubert BBQ chicken" but now I have ZERO interest in eating chicken.

I have had no problems eating pasta though, so to make up for another crappy answer, let me share my easy rosé sauce recipe:

Cheese Tortellini with Rosé Sauce (really easy "recipe")*

-Put a large pot of water on to boil.

-While you wait, melt about a tablespoon of margerine or butter in a medium pot, then add some chopped onion. I love onions, so I use at least 1 huge onion for a portion of pasta for 2-3 people, more if there is more pasta. I usually chop half, and thinly slice half. I don't know if it tastes different after cooking, but I like the variation.

-Boil a package of fresh or frozen cheese tortellini. This usually takes about 9 minutes.

-Once the pasta is boiling, empty a small (125ml I think) can of Ayers tomato soup into the pot with the onions. Fill the empty can 2/3 of the way with cream, and add that to the pot too. If using milk, you can put a full can.

-Stir the sauce and let it simmer/heat until the cream and soup are well mixed. By this point the pasta should be ready.

-Drain the pasta, toss with the sauce, and serve. In the past I used to season the sauce with all kinds of spices and garlic, but as one of my favorite "comfort" foods, all I would add to this is some salt at the table.

It's plain, but homey, and really good on a cold night. Or any night. And it reheats well too.

*Yes, you're basically mixing store-bought pasta with tomato soup, cream and onions. I never said this was a Cordon-Bleu recipe. It's still really tasty!

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 3:30 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:31 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Ugh, 1-6 times a day? That's brutal! Must be a girl! Seriously, I hope it doesn't last too long.

     
  • At 9:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm.. I love tortellini and I'm all about super easy recipes.

    SP

     
  • At 10:13 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear you're still getting sick. Did the doctor give you anything?

    The recipe sounds good. I may have to try it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates