Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
procrastinating
Seeing as how I've never met a deadline I didn't like, I've got a lot on my knitting plate right now. That still didn't stop me from throwing some (5!!) new projects into the mix.

Remember those swatches I showed you? They became bunnies!

A friend is in town with her young daughter and I wanted to make her a little something. (I admit to also being influenced by the cuteness of Amy's swatch bunny and wanting to make one myself).

The pink one is for Rebecca.
This wee little bunny is TINY!
All together only an inch and a half long! Yannick thinks an 18 month old might try to swallow the bunny, so I'll tell her mother to put it away until she thinks she's old enough to play with it.

Here's a link to the free pattern.

I really wanted one for myself too, which led to this little guy:


Isn't he precious? I followed the pattern as written for each, but modified the ears so they wouldn't end up too huge. Plus I added a little loop on mine so I can hang it on my keychain.

It will be hard to separate the two- they seem to be getting along quite well!

I don't know why this photo has me thinking of the Cabbage Patch Kids.


So those are 2 of the 5 new projects. This weekend I also worked on a little something for one of the girls in Jakob's playgroup. The first of our kids turned 1, and we had a little party for her on Monday. Everyone had agreed "no gifts" but I couldn't show up empty handed, so I make a quick little cupcake for her. It only took 2 hours to knit, stuff and sew, and I put a bell inside too so that it rattles.

I had wanted to put a "B" on top for Brooklyn, the birthday girl, but after I knit the icord and held it in place, it looked really stupid and bulky (instead of sweet and icing-y like I'd envisioned). Yannick encouraged me to add some sprinkles instead.


The pattern is a free one, from here. I did make a few modifications. Besides not doing the cherry on top, I skipped row 1 and went right into the increase row to avoid the point at the bottom that I saw on some finished ones. I also added an increase row after the first k row of the icing section. I did a *p1, yo, rep from * around" row, and on the following row I purled but every time I got to one of the yarn-overs I purled it through the back loop to close the hole. After purling another row or so I did a *p2tog, repeat from * around" row to get back to the original number of stitches. I wanted the cupcake top to have a puffy look where it joined the cake part. I didn't stuff it exactly right, but it gives a look closer to what I'd wanted.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:21 pm  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:23 am, Blogger Tara said…

    You'd better separate those two pronto! You know how bunnies are... :)

     
  • At 10:26 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    How cute! It already looks like the bunnies are multiplying. ;) I agree with Yannick, the sprinkles on the cupcake are the perfect touch. I've been craving the baked kind all week (Martha Stewart is having cupcake week and they all look so good while feeding the baby at 2:00 am).

     
  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    That is a ridiculous amount of cuteness right there. Thanks for the links to the patterns.

     
  • At 12:50 am, Blogger Amelah said…

    The bunnies are so cute!! U might have to show me how to put the loop so i can make one for my key chain!! And how to put eyes on my bunny???? I love the cup cake too!!

     
  • At 11:43 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Those bunnies are cute. Saw 'em in person and thought they are too cute. Great cupcake too! I think now you have my sister wanting to make one.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates