Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, January 24, 2008
yarn ho in striped socks and hickory dickory dot progress
Remember the Fibonacci socks? The ones that I started years ago and finally finished on the cruise?

I gave them away.

I know! Hand knits- knit for me...given away. They really didn't fit, they were too loose on me. Then one day Maaike came over and casually mentioned that her feet were probably a little bigger than mine...and maybe she could try the socks on?
A perfect fit. They seem to fit her like they were knit for her. Lucky wench. :)


I'm not completely generous...as you can see from this photo she still has the ends to weave in. And on the older sock I'd cut the yarns at every color change...that's a lot of ends! Bwa ha ha.

She also offered to dye some sock yarn for me, lest you think I'm completely altruistic and will just give away socks, willy-nilly.Maaike in all her yarn-ho glory (and new socks).

She's also wearing a mighty soft cashmere hat, whose adventures you can find out about here on her blog.

Other non-knitting news will be gotten around to another time. In the meantime, here's more knitting!

I've been working on test-knitting the Hickory Dickory Dot pattern by Anny for her new store, Jujube and Lolo.

I'm using Bernat Soy yarn from Walmart. It is crazy soft and machine washable. So far I've completed the front and back pieces. I'd like to cast on for the sleeves but am waiting to hear from Anny about a pattern question I have.


Clearly this isn't being knit for Jakob. This is the 2000s and I'm extremely liberal but I'm still not going to put a pink sweater on my son. This is being knit for a friend's daughter. (Julie, if you're reading this...it's not for Kayla, sorry! You still have to pick what you want me to knit for her...)

Also, the pieces were pinned out just for the sake of taking a photo- these aren't currently being blocked. I didn't want you thinking I block things so crooked and uneven!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:12 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:45 am, Blogger Tara said…

    I'm glad those lovely socks finally found a good home. They deserve to be loved. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates