Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, August 03, 2006
The Amazing Lace Challenge # 5 - Where's Waldo?
As posted on the Amazing Lace boards, challenge #5 is as follows:

Do you ever get to the point where you’ve knit so much lace that you start seeing lace everywhere? A sunset reminds you of the colorway of your shawl; iron scrollwork on a bridge reminds you of the lace motif on your lacy socks; your eyes can immediately spot a flash of lace a mile away?

In honor of that slightly crazed I-see-lace-everywhere mental state that’s a symptom of obsessive lace knitting, your challenge is to post one photo on your blog in which your lace is a hidden or unexpected part of the picture. This could be interpreted in any number of ways. You could go a hidden-in-plain-sight route. You could camouflage your lace. You could make your lace a tiny part of a large scene, a la the original Where’s Waldo (I’m picturing a sea of white gym socks with one pair of white lace socks…but I didn’t have the energy or the props to make an example photo). You could do something completely unrelated to these suggestions — as long as it’s clever and fun and your lace appears in the picture.

This is the most abstract of all the challenges. In spite of these examples we’re not even sure what we’re expecting. So be creative — we can’t wait to see what you come up with!

So here is my entry. It's not very good, but I am tired and the stuff I wanted to photograph just didn't work in the execution. So this is what you get.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:43 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:03 am, Blogger Hannah said…

    Oh, I love it!

    I'm off to pour some morning coffee before I read more blogs....

     
  • At 12:11 pm, Blogger Pamela said…

    Yep, you've got coffee with real body there! :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates