Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Recipes
We didn't do much of the last weekend. Friday night was mostly a bust because Yannick only got home from work really late. He did the same thing Saturday, so while I did get some knitting done, it was pretty much a blah day too. We went to see Cars at night (very cute!) then for a late dinner. Sunday he worked again, so I did some laundry, tidied up, and worked on the charity Harlequin Blanket. My mom invited us over for dinner, but I had some time to kill first so I fooled around in the kitchen and came up with 2 yummy recipes.

Cheesy Crisps
In bowl, mix together 3oz of softened cream cheese with 3oz of shredded cheddar cheese. Add 1 egg, 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix into a dough. Roll out into logs or make little balls then flatten. Bake at 370 deg F for 20 min or until golden and crispy. (I didn't wait long enough, so mine are more chewy than crispy. Still yummy).
Spicy Granola

In bowl, mix together granola ingredients to your liking. I used 1/3 cup leftover salted mixed nuts, 1.5 cups large flake oat meal, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup sliced almonds. (I wish I'd thought to include the coconut flakes I have.) In saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter. Once melted, stir in 3 tbsp sugar (I used fructose). Keep stirring, and add flavoring of your choice. I added Ancho powder for some heat. I meant to only add 1/8 tsp, but was able to add about 2 tsp without it getting too spicy. Once everything is melted and mixed, add in the granola ingredients and stir until fully mixed and coated. Spread onto cookie sheet and bake at 325 deg F, shaking or moving often, for 20 min or until golden. I was worried at first because once golden they were still warm and chewy (and hard to stop eating). Once I let it cool off, however, it got hard and crunchy like normal granola.

Enjoy!

In knitting news, I have been working on the Harlequin blanket and am about 3/4 through the first row of 3 blocks. I didn't knit at all yesterday, instead I went to bed at 10:30, after the gym, tanning and supper. Tonight I don't know if I'll have time to knit as I have a casual shoot with our wedding photographer so we can get to know one another. This will be cancelled (again!) if it rains (again!) so if so then maybe I'll veg and knit later.

54 days until I'm a Mrs.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:36 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:49 pm, Blogger Lisa said…

    mmm those cheesy crisps look delicious! I may just have to try those this weekend. Thanks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates