Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Up Early Again
'Cus I can't stop thinking about knitting. This is getting repetitive.

Last night after work I still couldn't stop thinking about Flat and I really wanted to chart out some pattern ideas, but knew I couldn't until I had the right yarn. Then I remembered I had some Wool of the Andes at home from a previous design attempt that didn't work so well. (Hmmm...foreshadowing?) So when I got home I sat down and was right in the middle of casting on to do at least a stockinette swatch to measure the gauge and be able to create some graph paper when Yannick called asking for help with something he was working on. He's bailed me out more times than I can count, so I dropped everything and went to help him. After the work he, Koko and I went to Jack Astor's for a late dinner. I really mean late. I think we got there around 11:30pm. It's a good thing we didn't end up making plans for cards with Julie and Rich, 'cus they would have ended up sitting around for nothing. I had a salad with grilled chicken crusted with Asiago cheese- yummy!! (BTW- am I too old to still be using the word yummy?) Got home just before 1am and crashed. Tried watching the premiere of Canada's Worst Handyman with Yannick so I could free up the tape but kept falling asleep, so we'll watch it today.

Lying in bed just now and realized that the swatch that I'd planned to do in the round because I was thinking I needed to do Fair Isle and hadn't done it before with purling back...well, it turns out that what I sketched out to swatch is actually intarsia. Don't know why I made the mistake before, but it's clearly NOT Fair Isle. So I will end up doing my swatch flat. And the name works in the end. Flat will be swatched Flat. I'll take some pics when there's more than just a cast-on row. If you can't wait that long, picture an addi turbo with a bunch of stitches cast on in Wool of the Andes, color Carrot. No, this color has nothing to do with the eventual design. Just stash stuff lying around.

...or is it? Maybe the color has EVERYTHING to do with my design. Maybe by analyzing the color choice you can figure out exactly what I'm up to, what my design idea is, steal it, chart it out for yourself, knit it up, submit it, have it in print and impede me from doing anything about it- all before I even have more than a cast-on row. Maybe I've given you everything you need and the rest is in your hands...

...or maybe it's just the only ball of feltable wool in my stash that I didn't think I'd ever use, even if it was just for a felted flower or clogs or something one day.

...Damn I just gave away the fact that this project is going to be felted!

...or did I? Maybe it was just a clever ruse to get you to THINK its felted so...no. Too tired to come up with another knitting-related theft idea. It's felted.

...or is it?

Mwa ha ha
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:14 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates