Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
I Keep Dreaming
...about knitting. I wish I was making this up. This is the third or fourth time in the last two weeks that I can vividly recall dreaming about knitting. The dreams have all been different, and have been about different aspects like designing or finishing, but all about knitting! Weird. Last night's dream had something to do with scarves. I remembered it right away when I woke up and knew I should write it down but forgot, so of course I've now forgotten everything. Ah well.

I finished the jacket yesterday while watching CSI: Miami with Yannick last night. I posted the pics during one of the commercials, then cast on for the matching hat and decided to stay up for the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Man those guys are funny! I have the 10 rows of ribbing and 1 row of contrast color to show for staying up so late. I should have more, but it's my own fault. First I decided to get cocky and alter the pattern. It's a simple hat with simple shaping, but for some reason the pattern was written for flat knitting. I scanned it and KNEW I could do it in the round, so I cast on my sts and proceeded to knit in the round...until I spaced on the Magic Loop method I use ALL THE TIME. Once I'd remembered to pull the needle out and not try to knit with both halves of the hat on the needle tips I did a row around in rib. I was right about to do row 2 when I saw how horrible the gaps between the two needle ends was. I'd somehow gotten it twisted and with the twist of the yarn...ehh. It looked nasty and was obnoxious. I like seaming anyways so what's it to me to seam a hat together? Ripped the whole thing out and started over. So that's why I have only 11 rows to show for last night.

Did you catch that up there? Yup. I like seaming. I love it, actually. Does that make me weird? (It's probably one of the many things that does...lol). I find there's something so cool about winding yarn through two pieces and then pulling it up snug and having an invisible join. I love when I manage to do it perfectly and you can't even tell that there is a seam there. I love altering a pattern to do short rows and a 3-ndl BO on the shoulders and winding up with a gorgeous, even seam. I love knowing that once all those ends are woven in, the project is done, done, DONE. Did I mention I like seaming? :)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:18 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates