Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Idea!
Hi all!

What are there, like 4 people who read this blog? :) I know I don't really give you much to go with here, especially since now I can't even get my pics to upload. And I can only post in the evenings after work, if I get home, and IF I remember. I've even been disappointing myself in how sucky this blog is lately, so I have a few ideas to turn things around.

For starters I'm going to try to blog about stuff in general, including, but not limited to, my knitting. Like why couldn't I have blogged last Thursday to say that Yannick and I went to a jeweler and picked an engagement ring? That was blog-worthy, right? But it never crossed my mind. So I'm really going to make an effort to not worry so much about how funny I am or if I'm witty at all, and just get the words out. I don't care if you like my jokes. I care if you like me.

Also, I'm going to open this blog up a bit. I have the space and don't use it all, so why not share? I'd like to start 2 features on my site: Blogs That Rock and Show Off!

"Blogs That Rock" will be about other people's blogs, so if you know of a site (or even your own) that people should check out, email me or post a comment and I'll let everyone know. We can even do a little Q&A (I almost typed T&A there, whoops!) I'm not limiting this to knitting blogs, so don't worry if it's not craft-related.

"Show Off!" is where you or anyone you know gets to, well, show off. I know that not everyone has a blog or even a website, so if you have pics of knitting (or crochet) FOs that you're super proud of, email them to me or post a comment with a link (if they're in an online photo album) and post the pic and a blurb here for everyone to see. They will always be here in my archives and I'll even make up a page where everyone can show off. You'll get your own post write-up all about your FO and what makes it so special. Did you learn a new technique? Master intarsia? Win a war with dpns? Whatever it is, tell me about it and I'll tell everyone. Even if you have a blog of your own but don't think anyone ever goes to see it, send me a pic or a link and you'll get your own post too!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:43 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An engagement ring is TOTALLY blog-worthy!!!! Congratulations! :) Frankly, the blog is yours, I come to read whatever you have to say and I know you live more than just to knit. So why restrain yourself, tell us all! ;)

     
  • At 7:11 am, Blogger Dorothy said…

    I would have liked to have read about the ring. Can you describe it to us?
    Oh, I think there are more than 4 folks who read you :)
    I can't remember how I "met" your blog, but I enjoy reading it!

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i enjoy your blog too Jenifer.
    are you going to go the mkg. this year if so i wil see you there
    ruby

     
  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger The MacKay Way said…

    WOW! schmancy metals with or without fabulous gem stones are ALWAYS worth writing about!!!!
    As are shoes, clothing, hats, handbags... lipstick, handcream...
    moisterizer... restaurants, theatre... and OF course cool crafty things that make you smile.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates